Friday, October 07, 2005

Please, allow me to pontificate

I work at a University. Today, I was walking through the student union and passed a table for "Women of Virtue" decorated with crosses and such.

I have no problem with this.

Nor even with the sign that said "This so called sexual freedom is really just a declaration that you offer yourself free of charge and therefor without worth."

Though that sounds more like it's saying all women are prostitutes.

What gets me is that the booth was manned by three MEN. How exactly do they feel qualified to tell women on campus how to live their lives?

1 Comments:

Blogger Zathras said...

I have no problem with them either way; a free-flow of ideas is important. I shall try to keep this blog free of politics in so much as they do not overlap with soccer, and then I shall try to be without slant.

Mainly, I felt that if they were purporting to be a 'womens issues group' that they should have at least a token female member.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home