Wednesday, September 21, 2005

More on soccer up north

I forgot to mention this yesterday.
Don't think that I was going to leave it out because I am vain; I fully intended to put it in yesterday, but I forgot, seeing as I've been really busy at work.

Playing soccer around those 10 year olds is dangerous. At one point, I figured "Oh, here's my chance to be cool and show off my skills and by extension make my cousins cool to their peers." So I attempted a bicycle kick.

Now, I used to do bikes all the time when I was slightly younger. Most of you know I'm not exactly what you would call "old," although I am what most people would call "fat," "slow" and "out of shape." So when I tried this bike, the ball (instead of flying over the fence spectacularly) hit my shin and went nowhere. The only spectacular thing about the bicycle attempt was my landing hard on my back and the colossal pain that I'm still feeling in my back where some muscle or other is very unhappy with me.

What can I say? I should have turned pro.

3 Comments:

Blogger D said...

See, it's a post like this that makes me want to keep reading. That, and I am intrigued by the Philosophy/Soccer concept.

I need to update my blogroll. I am so, so lazy.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Zathras said...

I've been feeling kind of like a fraud due to the lack of much philosophy recently. I am working on something a little more substantial though. :)

12:32 PM  
Blogger D said...

Excellent. You can post it as soon as I update the blogroll.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home